Cirrus strings

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by 5not4, Nov 1, 2000.

1. 5not4

Sep 7, 2000
    Flint, MI
    How many have tried the Cirrus line of strings and what's your opinion?

I've got a Cirrus 5 that came with these strings and I've been really pleased with them. They sound and feel good and last for a long time. I haven't tried any other kind of string on this bass, yet.

I like D'Addario XL's and have been wanting to try them on the Cirrus. I've been reluctant because they're a different gauge and I'm not ready to fiddle with the intonation just yet.

Has anyone out there tried different strings on their Cirrus'?
  2. nyde7

Jun 27, 2005
    I liked the original strings as well. I have used the DAddario XLs for years and love them. They last a long time and sound great. The Cirrus is a great Bass!
  3. synterx

synterx Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2005
    The only strings I've used in almost a decade are the Cirrus strings. I just can not find anything exactly like them. I'm sure they are made by someone else, but I can't afford to try every brand looking for similar ones. I use them on every bass I own (all peaveys). They are not terribly expensive, I just bought a set of 5ers on ebay for $18.95 shipped.
  4. RexNFX79

Jan 12, 2009
    I was out of town for a gig and went to a music store because I needed strings. It was a small store and the only five string sets they had were the Cirrus brand. I was pleasantly surprised. I didn't like them enough to stray from my regular brand but I did like them and they lasted longer than I expected.
  5. jasper383

jasper383 Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2004
    Durham NC
    I wonder who makes the Cirrus strings?
  6. synterx

synterx Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2005
    I would love to know. They have gold ferrules at the bridge end, and are black wrapped at the other, but besides the fact they are Stainless Steel, and thermal fused, which it seems is unique to Cirrus strings according to the Peavey marketing hype, I can't tell where they came from.
  7. I used to use the Peavey Platinums a while back... i thought they were great strings... I'll bet the Cirrus is same/simular... the platinum had black windings with a gold ferrule also... i also think they were one of the first to use a hex core...
  8. v-grooves

v-grooves Supporting Member

Sep 20, 2008
    Clearwater, FL
    I am in agreement with the others....I have been playing my Cirrus-6 for 5 years and have yet to switch to anything but the cirrus strings.....priced right, fit like a glove, even tonal distribution over the entire range.....I couldnt ask for more.

Not that my post answers your original question, just thought I might share my point of view too.

9. Would'e?

Mar 27, 2007
    They aren't stainless steel. They are nickle wrapped steel.