Cirrus Tiger Eye

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by secretdonkey, Apr 8, 2003.

1. secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I just bought a Cirrus 4, standard model. I was checking out the 'Tiger Eye' models on Peavey's website that feature, among other things, a sweepable midrange feature on the preamp. That's the only Tiger Eye feature I'd really care for, and would consider trying to obtain just the preamp and install it in mine, if it is a simple swap. I was wondering if the extra control took the form of an extra (6th) knob, or if it was a stacked pot kinda affair that would possibly allow for the simple swap scenario. Unfortunately, the Tiger Eye pics on the website all have the knob setup obscured by the darker woods. Anyone know the scoop on this?

2. secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX

Surely someone here has at least seen a Tiger Eye Cirrus and remembers the knob arrangement? Don't make me start whining, now! :D
  3. Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    I played a TE 5 about 2 yrs ago and, if I remember correctly, it did have a stacked sweepable mid. I can't guarantee this, however, b/c it was 2 yrs ago. How's that for an answer? :)
  4. call up peavey service (601-483-5365) and see what kind of options you can have for a bass. the guy who does the bass work is very flexible -- i can't speak for him, but you might be able to get a lot done if you ask.

then, haggle for a price and have your local peavey dealer order it for you.

5. secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    thanks for the tips/suggestions, guys!
  6. rockbassist1087

rockbassist1087 Guest

Nov 29, 2002
    Long Island, NY
    I'm almost positive that its stacked.
  7. rickreyn

rickreyn Supporting Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Lutz, Florida
    It's stacked. Please refer to my web site below under previous basses for close up.

The upgraded preamp is a substantial upgrade IMO.