1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

CIRRUS USA LOVERS---LOOK!!! Is Peavey getting Creative With Finishes?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by electracoyote, Jun 3, 2011.

1. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    A Gatorade colored bass, heck it's a Cirrus, I would still take it if it were cheap enough.:bassist:

2. bottomzone

bottomzone

Oct 21, 2005
  3. VS

VS

Jun 6, 2002
    Mountain City, Tennessee
    Discounted Gear: Peavey
    I knew I was on to something playing Peavey Cirrus basses and Trace amps....now I need one of those to match. :D -Luke

4. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
  5. J. Crawford

J. Crawford

Feb 15, 2008
    OH/WV
    I like it, but it kinda makes it look cheap. Cirri strike me as a "see the wood" type bass.

I dunno. Sounds damn good though!

6. I'm not usually a fan of natural wood finishes, but the Cirrus woods and finishes are very pretty.

My first thought when I saw the flourescent green was Poison, or some 80s hair metal band.

7. Color reminds me of a 70's Dodge. They had a color called Sublime. Cool on a Challenger. Not cool on a Cirrus. Agree that a Cirrus should be some sort of natural wood color. Or at least a subtle transparent finish. Not fruitcake green.

8. Plucky The Bassist

Plucky The Bassist ZOMG! I'm back from the dead!

Jul 30, 2010
    Houston, TX
    yeah it was sounding great...but I must admit I'd probably spring for the "natural finish" cirrus bass if/when I buy one lol

9. i may be showing my age, but I like it!

10. maybe if Peavey owned Markbass. They own Trace - so it makes sense they would color match their basses.

11. A-HA!

12. Keith Guitars

Keith Guitars Supporting Member Commercial User

Aug 25, 2004
    Woodstock, NY
    Builder: Martin Keith Guitars
    Hey guys,

Just wanted to give a little shout-out for Paul Stevens, the "rep" in the video.

Paul is a brilliant guitarist and bass player, and he's also the engineer/designer of all the amps in the Trace line. He's been there since the beginning of Trace, before the Gibson purchase, and certainly before the current Peavey ownership.

All the circuits, faceplate layouts, etc. are Paul's designs.
    If you dig anything Trace Elliot, this is the guy to thank.

He's also a really nice and very funny guy. He's our neighbor at NAMM every year.

Cheers,
    Martin

13. Wow, a bass you can see from the Space Station. Reminds me of my mother telling me to eat my peas.

14. Yup..saw those when they hit eBay a couple days ago...not a fan of the bright colors.

15. Love it,but hate the price.

16. VS

VS

Jun 6, 2002
    Mountain City, Tennessee
    Discounted Gear: Peavey
    Yeah,lol. -Luke