Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cirrus Variety

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by VS, Feb 13, 2004.

1. VS

VS

Jun 6, 2002
    Mountain City, Tennessee
    Discounted Gear: Peavey
  2. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    ...wait, that's not all...

I'm currently communicating with Peavey through my local dealer, and they are willing to throw together some other combinations, too. They said yes to a Tiger Eye with a walnut body and oil-finish quilt maple top. I'm waiting on a price - it's among the options I'm considering for my next bass.

And while we're talking Cirrus, here's my maple/alder/pau ferro 4 in action. I recorded this tonight with Garage Band. All bass tracks are direct in to the computer, tone controls flat and pup blend at noon: http://www.secretdonkey.com/Wankfunk.mp3

:)

3. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    I only count five different basic wood combinations.

1. Walnut
    2. Bubinga/Walnut
    3. Claro Walnut
    4. Maple/Alder (The ruby red & peacock blue finish falls into this category.)
    5. Redwood/Alder

Let's make the total six with the Quilt Top Tiger Eye version. If I'm not mistaken, it's basically a Maple/Alder version with a quilted top, ebony fretboard instead of pau ferro, better preamp & Hipshot hardware. The others are just different options (i.e., maple fretboard, fretless).

4. geshel

geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    Seattle
    The website doesn't ever mention what the neck is made out of. Which is pretty dumb IMO. That makes a pretty huge difference to the bass.

5. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    My bubinga/walnut C5 (neckthrough with a walnut body/neck with maple stringers.) has a neck that is made of the same wood as the body. I would have to assume that the others use the body wood as the neck material. It would be helpful to have that information listed on the site though.

6. Fools gold

7. VS

VS

Jun 6, 2002
    Mountain City, Tennessee
    Discounted Gear: Peavey
    Sorry,I should have clarified not wood combinations,but the variety of options,my bad. :D -Luke

8. ebozzz

ebozzz Supporting Member

May 17, 2001
    Denver, Colorado
    No worries my man. They're all good options. :D ;)