1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Cirrus Wiring question

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Misty Mountain, Aug 6, 2012.

1. Does anyone know if it is possible to wire a Cirrus (BXP, Indonesian) for a switch to choose between active and passive. Since this has active p'ups and an active pre, not sure if it's possible or not. It's a dead battery work-around in case they fail during a song, not a tone issue. It's a fear, it hasn't actually happened, and I change batteries every 6 months or so, but just in case...
    Thanks!

2. smogg

smogg

Mar 27, 2007
    NPR, Florida
    I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell
    I don't think you can do that (go passive) with the Peavey active pups. I swap the batteries out on my Millennium twice a year as well.
    I keep a spare set of batteries & a small phillips-head screw driver in the gig bag for that "just in case" moment. You can generally hear when the batts are starting to go; loss in volume, subtle shift in tone (as in muddish or fuzzy). I would hope (we) would notice this a bit before the batteries completely ran out of juice. ;)