Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

1. christ andronis

christ andronis

Nov 14, 2001
    Chicago
    Peavey Cirrus fretless 4 string w/ Maple-Alder body. In excellent shape. Would like to see if anybody out there is willing to trade a Redwood4 fretless. This guitar is a little too bright for my taste. Case is included. Am willing to send pics via e-mail if interested.

Thanks

2. uglybassplayer

uglybassplayer

Aug 24, 2001
    New Jersey
    Sorry andronitoons, I don't have one to trade but...

I'm sure you realize the only difference between the Maple & Redwood top Cirrus IS the top, right? The body & neck woods are the same. I own a Redwood fretted 5, and I've compared it with a Maple 5 and I couldn't tell that much of a difference in terms of tone to tell you the truth. If you're looking for a "warmer" sound, your best bet would be the Walnut top w/ walnut body or even the Bubinga/Walnut combination, IMHO.

- Frank.

3. christ andronis

christ andronis

Nov 14, 2001
    Chicago
    The Maple seems much brighter than the Redwood to me as I've played both(but not before I bought the Maple).
    I've also got a fretted Bubinga/Walnut 4 string and in a comparison to the Redwood, the Bubinga was much more high mid-rangey(is that a word??) than the Redwood. Just my opinion, and I really do appreciate yours.
    Yes, i also realize that the only difference is the top although I've heard they're making Maple necks now. All in all, I love the Cirrus basses, they're wonderful instruments that don't really get all the respect they deserve. And this is coming from a person who absolutely HATED anything Peavey at one time. Thanks again for the input.