1. christ andronis

christ andronis

Nov 14, 2001
    Peavey Cirrus fretless 4 string w/ Maple-Alder body. In excellent shape. Would like to see if anybody out there is willing to trade a Redwood4 fretless. This guitar is a little too bright for my taste. Case is included. Am willing to send pics via e-mail if interested.

2. uglybassplayer

Aug 24, 2001
    New Jersey
    Sorry andronitoons, I don't have one to trade but...

I'm sure you realize the only difference between the Maple & Redwood top Cirrus IS the top, right? The body & neck woods are the same. I own a Redwood fretted 5, and I've compared it with a Maple 5 and I couldn't tell that much of a difference in terms of tone to tell you the truth. If you're looking for a "warmer" sound, your best bet would be the Walnut top w/ walnut body or even the Bubinga/Walnut combination, IMHO.

- Frank.
  3. christ andronis

christ andronis

Nov 14, 2001
    The Maple seems much brighter than the Redwood to me as I've played both(but not before I bought the Maple).
    I've also got a fretted Bubinga/Walnut 4 string and in a comparison to the Redwood, the Bubinga was much more high mid-rangey(is that a word??) than the Redwood. Just my opinion, and I really do appreciate yours.
    Yes, i also realize that the only difference is the top although I've heard they're making Maple necks now. All in all, I love the Cirrus basses, they're wonderful instruments that don't really get all the respect they deserve. And this is coming from a person who absolutely HATED anything Peavey at one time. Thanks again for the input.