1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

CKY

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Thunderscreech, May 3, 2010.

1. let me begin: I'd never heard of this band, except for that one episode of Bam where they play in his dad's bedroom to wake him up, and even then I didn't know it was CKY until I remembered that they took the two high strings (b and e) off of their guitars.

Then I heard "Rio Bravo" playing on my girlfriend's roommate's ipod stereo thing. and then I got Volume 1 and Carver City, and I must say it's pretty cool.

Anyone else like this band, or is just me and my fetish for bottom-heavy, groovy metal?

2. stiles72

stiles72

Mar 20, 2009
    Albany IL
    One of my past bands used to cover "Flesh Into Gear" - cool tune but no one knew what it was...

3. baalroo

baalroo

Mar 24, 2008
    Wichita, KS
    I used to really love CKY, my tastes have changed over the years but I can still pop there albums in occassionally and enjoy. It's sort of a perfect bridge between Stoner Rock and 90's style "pop" rock. Much respect.

4. Volume 1 is definitely full of win, in a very retro back at uni kind of way.

5. trainwrecker

trainwrecker Guest

Feb 15, 2010
    +1

6. bluestarbass

bluestarbass

Jul 31, 2007
    Indianapolis
    Cool band. I used to be super into them. I haven't listened to them in a while though.

7. jmattbassplaya

jmattbassplaya Looking for a gig around East Islip, NY!

Jan 13, 2008
    +1

I was pretty into them back when I was in 6th-8th grade, but I grew out of them as my tastes in music changed. I still enjoy hearing a tune of theirs on occasion and they bring back some really good memories of days when I was a skateboarding delinquent with nothing better do but get into trouble :D

8. PM me if you want to hear some real groovy, bottom heavy metal.

9. ArenaCorner

ArenaCorner

Jul 20, 2017

10. Wonder what old Blundergeech is up to these days...................

11. Saw them when they opened for Guns and Roses after Slash left, unfortunately. They weren't too bad but they were nothing special. I didn't rush home and buy their latest album.