1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

CL Find: Does This Look Right?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JERK!, Apr 28, 2010.

1. JERK!

JERK!

Dec 30, 2008
    So Cal
    The owner says "it looks vintage". The headstock and decal placement look off. Should I stay away or does this look legit?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. haha wow that is so wrong, i bet thats just a squier standard PJ or something that he obviously got wasted and tried to put a 70's era logo on .

3. PortugalWillie

PortugalWillie

Jul 17, 2009
    NO!

Run far, far away. Definitely not legit!

4. funkytoe

funkytoe Supporting Member

Jan 17, 2008
    Northern California
    That decal placement is no where close to being legit. Do not consider that a "vintage" Fender based on the decal alone. Look for neck stamp, pot codes, etc. if you really think that this could be a fender with an aftermarket decal.

5. JERK!

JERK!

Dec 30, 2008
    So Cal
    That's what I thought. Thanks for the quick replies.

6. SpamBot

SpamBot

Dec 25, 2008
    St. Paul, MN
    That's clearly legitimate. It does say "Fender," after all.

7. LOL. How much does he want for it?

8. Spinal Tapper

Spinal Tapper

Nov 15, 2007
    Chicago
    How much they trying to get?? that'll give you an idea if they're really "scamming" or not...

I mean, hey, if the dude wants $100 for it, it might not be a real 70's Fender, but could be a decent player.

But it's NOT a real 70's Fender FWIW

9. Meddle

Meddle

Jul 27, 2009
    Scotland
    First time I've seen a "Fender" with the string tree driven into the middle of the decal.

10. sirmike75

sirmike75

Jul 16, 2009
    Arlington,Texas
    hahahaha