CL Hofner bass scam

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tobiasfin, Apr 18, 2018.

1. IMG_1155 (2).PNG Two weeks ago, I was looking thru the local CL to keep track of Squier basses' prices, for I have one to sell myself. I ran across an add in San Francisco's CL area for a "60's era Hofner" Fiddle bass guitar-$300.00 (Concord) IMG_1156.PNG
    So, I have a brother-in-law that is a professional bassist that lives in Las Vegas and because I am always looking for odd and rare instruments, I also look at the Vegas adds, being that my bro can pick up a deal for me there. So I went and found the SAME add with the SAME photos for a "Fiddle Hofner" for $3000.00!. These postings had different locations and contact names!
    I flagged them and forgot about it.
    Then, this morning I found these! I hope that all can see this and prevent some little sweet grandma ( or any one ) from getting ripped off. This scammer is so stupid as to have both listings on the same page!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
  2. Oren Hudson

Oren Hudson

Dec 25, 2007
    Gastonia, NC
    You should jump on that for $150. ;)

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 24, 2022