1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

CL Rochester NY: Warwick Thumb neck-through $800

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by KUNGfuSHERIFF, Oct 15, 2013.

1. BassEnvy78

BassEnvy78

Jun 28, 2012
    There must be something wrong with this one...

2. neptoon

neptoon Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2000
    Cape Canaveral, FL
    just modded with soaps...not original...sweet, though, that's how i would do it

3. dave79

dave79 Rest well Fish

I'm sure it's gone by now but I hit him up, I missed one at GC for $800 a couple years ago and have been kicking myself ever since

4. dave79

dave79 Rest well Fish

Well...looks like I'm getting this. Nice chap, he just bought a new real deal MTD and has another thumb, he actually picked this one up when someone was pawning it for $300 and paid $400 on the spot for it.

5. Good for you man. Killer deal.

6. BassEnvy78

BassEnvy78

Jun 28, 2012
    Dave - I am also on the hunt for a thumb. Any thumb-specific pointers on what one should check before buying a used one?

7. dave79

dave79 Rest well Fish

German Warwicks generally hold up really well, only problem I've had was with the only other thumb neck through I owned, a 6 string, it was the really old version and I had to replace the truss, not expensive or time consuming, pretty simple. I'd say just look out for the old truss models because they were made of a weaker metal and haven't held up well over the years, maybe aluminum, but the replacement they sell now is iron. Aside from that, some people hate the MEC electronics, like this craiglister, and Bartolini (and some EMG) were the older pickups before they started MEC stuff. I've been pretty happy with MEC stuff on the other models I've owned but my former thumb was Bartolini also.

8. BassEnvy78

BassEnvy78

Jun 28, 2012
    Thanks for the tips.

I have been gassing for a thumb NT 4 (and 5) for so long but I can only find models in the 1700 and up range.

9. dave79

dave79 Rest well Fish

Well if I don't like it (and in fact get it) I'll pass it on to you for much less than that. I lucked out in that I actually have a Warwick hard case already and those are pretty rare.

10. BassEnvy78

BassEnvy78

Jun 28, 2012
    If you get it, I hope you like it.
    If you don't, I hope you send me a pm!

11. Idiot Savon

Idiot Savon Tall, Dark, Handsome, etc., etc. Supporting Member

Jun 22, 2009
    Essex, CT
    If any of you are interested in a Thumb 4 BO, hit me up. I know it's not neck-through, but I promise it doesn't suck. Yep, you may quote me on that.

12. neptoon

neptoon Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2000
    Cape Canaveral, FL
    you beat me to it...I was waiting on him to send me his area code...he sent his number with no area code so I couldn't call...jeez...enjoy!

13. dave79

dave79 Rest well Fish

Aw jeez man, post if you're going after something. I do have a package in transit due here Friday, hope there's a bass in it!

14. BassEnvy78

BassEnvy78

Jun 28, 2012
    I wonder how it will sound with the Barts.

15. BawanaRik

BawanaRik

Mar 6, 2012
    New Jersey
    Congratulation. Great bass.

These define solid

16. BawanaRik

BawanaRik

Mar 6, 2012
    New Jersey
    My guess would be spectacular.

17. dave79

dave79 Rest well Fish

Heart kinda dropped when I saw an Ibanez box that looked actually thinner than a bass could be:

JAZZHEADwarwickthumbNT009_zps6966e02d.

Then I saw that it had almost no packaging:

JAZZHEADwarwickthumbNT010_zpsa26ce6c3.

18. BassEnvy78

BassEnvy78

Jun 28, 2012
    Suspense is killing me.

19. dave79

dave79 Rest well Fish

Yeah, sorry, I had to give it a sec to post again then got caught up in something.

Pretty flawless shape, only one little scratch I've seen. Unfortunately he didn't send me the MEC pickups or strap buttons/locks he promised. Also, the volume and pan work fine but the EQ section does nothing!

JAZZHEADwarwickthumbNT011_zps5937cf38.

JAZZHEADwarwickthumbNT012_zpse189fa10.