Clapping during songs

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by i like tictacs, Aug 30, 2004.

1. I'm going to go ahead and give this a big THUMBS DOWN. I want to hear the music, not a bunch of people clapping along, especially during the slower parts of a song.
  2. Might as well not have an audience, you know. Get rid of the problem entirely before it starts. What with those pesty reactions to good music and having a fun time and all.
  3. FaBu-

Jan 16, 2004
    Yeah, the idea of live gigs is to communicate with the audience and take contact to it. Listen to some records at home if you want a perfect audio experience :)
  4. Aaron J

Aaron J

Jul 16, 2003
    Cincinnati, OH
    The only problem I have with hand claps is the fact that audiences seem to have a hard time clapping in time with the music.....AAAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHH :D
  5. Ok, yes, then THAT'S stable grounded for getting angry.
  6. thewanderer24

Apr 29, 2002
    SJ, CA
    i gotta disagree with the thread starter. When I am groovin anything that lets me know the audience is into it, is welcomed in a big way. One of the most satisfying things I remember gig wise, is to play Thank You (sly) and have the whole band cut out, so it's just me. Get the audience all screamin and clapping the beat while I just groove on that fairly simple riff. It doesn't get much better than that. It's actually anti-climactic to me, when the band comes back and drowns out the clapping.
  7. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I like eighties style, overhead clapping ala Bon Jovi

Shot through the heart

And your to blame

You give love, a bad name.

8. Joey3313

Nov 28, 2003
    Sing along all you want, scream, cheer, all that good stuff, but clapping is just annoying.
  9. mattmcnewf

May 27, 2004
    also sound travels very slowy in a 50 foot room its impossible for the audience to be on time even if there trainedd musciaans
  10. :p
  11. Matt Till

Matt Till

Jun 1, 2002
    Edinboro, PA
    I like when people try to clap along to Rush.
  12. There's this one song that I was listening to at a show, and it was in 7/4 time, and it was like the people were clapping just to hear themselves. The claps were all over the place, never consistent.
  13. Diowulf

Diowulf Guest

Aug 4, 2004
    San Rafael CA
    I don't mind the clapping, but if the front man could just clap in time with the music that would be great. Ozzy tried to get the crowd clapping, and they were clapping more on time then he was.
  14. Dance music needs clap breakdowns when your playing live.
  15. Aaron Saunders

Aaron Saunders

Apr 27, 2002
  16. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Sound travels at 1122 feet per second. Doesn't matter how big the room is.