Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Clarett wanted on two counts of aggravated robbery

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MJ5150, Jan 1, 2006.

1. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Clarett wanted on two counts of aggravated robbery

I don't like Ohio State anyway, so here is another reason. What a DORK! On the eve of signing an NFL contract he robs some people behind a bar where the bar owner knows him? In Columbus?? He stole a cell phone???? You can get those for free at the mall!!!!

-Mike

2. Kelly Lee

Kelly Lee Yeah, I'm a guy! Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Marana, AZ, USA
    I have to admit, it is pretty freakin pathetic. :scowl:

He had a chance to get himself together in NFL Europe and just throws it away. What a loser.

3. DannyB

DannyB

Aug 17, 2004
    Just to clarify.. Ohio State kicked him out altogether, so really no need to relate him to OSU... He's been a douche since the end of his first season.. I don't wish hardship on anyone, but I am enjoying this bit. Good lesson about staying in school and putting your education first, eh chucklehead?

4. WillPlay4Food

WillPlay4Food Now With More Metal! Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Orbiting HQ
    We have a similar situation here in CT. A UConn basketball star got nailed stealing laptops. Of course if it wasn't someone on the basketball team they would've been expelled but this guy only has to skip a season on the team. :meh: I'm glad the schools have their priorities straight.

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    The latest that I heard said the starting point guard was suspended briefly, but the other guy involved was suspended for the entire season.

DannyB....Clarett played for OSU. Regardless how he left the team, he played for the Buckeyes. From the eyes of this PSU fan, he will always be a Buckeye.

-Mike

6. DannyB

DannyB

Aug 17, 2004
    Granted.. I guess people make their errors in judgement at some point, and Clarett was one of Tressel's. I just hate it when a guy goes out on his own, does dumb stuff like this and it tarnishes the school as a whole. I know no program is squeaky clean behind the scenes, but what Clarett has done cannot be attributed to OSU.

Congrats on an Excellent PSU season.. I like JoePa, I just wish he hadn't beaten the Buckeyes.. :rollno:

7. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Yep, I agree totally. There have been a couple PSU guys who have done some dumb stuff off the field recently, but since PSU has been so bad lately, no one outside State College paid much attention.

On a related note, just think back to how many awesome PSU RB's came charging into the NFL with all the potential in the world only to look like complete wastes of talent. Curtis Enis, Kijana Carter, Blair Thomas, there's more. :meh:

-Mike

8. DannyB

DannyB

Aug 17, 2004
    Well.. I was trying not to bring that up ;)

On the other hand, I grew up a Buckeye (dad and family went there)... but my #1 priority is with my own school - the Toledo Rockets (I remember playing PSU a few years ago... hmmmm)

At least our handful of NFL'ers have been respectful.. watch for Chester Taylor to take over in Baltimore anytime soon :hyper:

9. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Yeah, so do I. I threw up that night. :mad:

What a difference a new recruiting class makes. We would smoke you guys if we playd tomorrow. :D

-Mike

10. DannyB

DannyB

Aug 17, 2004
    yeah, but who's living in the present anyway?

anyhow.. screw Clarett... Buckeyes 34, Irish 20 :hyper:

11. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Clarett...just another one of those cheatin' Buckeyes. I wish someone would do a big expose (more than has already been done) on OSU. They are the crookedest team since Switzer's Oklahoma teams.

12. DannyB

DannyB

Aug 17, 2004
    are you.. umm.. a.. umm.. a Michigan fan?

13. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio

Nope, I'm not a Michigan fan. I thought my post may raise a few eyebrows. :)

14. DannyB

DannyB

Aug 17, 2004
    I did say a few posts up, no program is squeaky clean.. having friends at OSU at being at Toledo myself, I can attest that nothing is perfect. But we uh... you know, aren't the only two programs that are less than perfect now, are we?

15. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Absolutely not. College athletics is probably more dirty than not, Countrywide. I do think OSU is on the dirtiest end of it. I know quite a few alums and a few prominent boosters, and for the record, I'm a Notre Dame fan, and I thought this all BEFORE the game tonight! :) (And..no......I wouldn't swear that ND's program is completely clean either)

16. DannyB

DannyB

Aug 17, 2004
    ND fan eh.. Go Bucks ;-)

I have to say though, Tuna Junior is showing to be a heck of a coach. I think he's got what it takes to be a great college coach.

And this just in.. Clarett still sucks.

17. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    And don't forget, I'm a BG fan too. :hyper:

18. DannyB

DannyB

Aug 17, 2004
    oh yeah...

Scoreboard x2 then! :hyper:

19. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    I can't argue with the scoreboard this year! I DO root for UT in every game except the BG one though.

20. DannyB

DannyB

Aug 17, 2004
    And that's what is cool about our (UT-BG) rivalry... we have some respect for the other guy. Having been at several UT-BG games (at both campuses), there is some dignity in the interaction the two groups have.. It's actually just a really fun experience. And when it comes down to it, we are just going to watch college kids play a game. I think the UT-BG fans get "it"

edit: if you made this year's game, i was at the UT "jambulance" until kickoff... made the drive for it this season :help: