Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Clark French Bass Bow?

Discussion in 'Bows and Rosin [DB]' started by jahan, Apr 12, 2005.

1. jahan

jahan

Dec 12, 2004
    Alameda, California
    I have been shopping for bass bows and was shown one stamped with the name Clark. The man in the violin shop told me he's an Ohio bow maker, but I can only find one reference to him on the internet for a german bow in the cincy bass cellar, for 850. (Coincidentally, this is what the string shop is selling this french bow for.) Has anyone heard of this bow maker? I'd like to reference the price to make sure I'm not paying too much. (I don't trust my french bowing ability to be sure it's a good bow!) Thanks to all who respond.

2. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    Where are you?

(Fill out your profile...it helps others give better advice when questions are asked.)

3. jahan

jahan

Dec 12, 2004
    Alameda, California
    I'm in Cleveland, Ray. We used to be homeys. I'm Jack Hanan. I'm also new to this, so I don't know where to go to fill out the profile, but I'll scout it now.

4. jahan

jahan

Dec 12, 2004
    Alameda, California
    Actually Mayfield Hts..but close enough.

5. anonymous0726

anonymous0726 Guest

Nov 4, 2001
    Right above the 'Post Reply' button at the top of the form is 'My Talkbass'. In my Talkbass you'll find all the links to get your profile and what-not filled out to the left.

I'm having a brain-fart placing your name right now, I'm embarrased to admit. Help me out?

6. jahan

jahan

Dec 12, 2004
    Alameda, California
    Well, I wound up buying the bow when the guy made me another offer. Still if anyone knows anything about this bow maker, I'd appreciate the input. I know his first name now. It's Gary Clark and he's from Columbus.
    Thanks

7. hmmmmm, I live right outside Columbus and never heard of him (but then again I dont get out much...)

How was the bow? and How much was the bow?

8. jahan

jahan

Dec 12, 2004
    Alameda, California
    I got the bow for 725. Not bad. The dealer originally wanted 850. for it. I had considered getting a Carbon Fiber Grunberger, but this came up and I really liked the way the bow felt. (Like I know anything about how french bows should feel!) Anyway, it's a lot of fun to play, and those I know who DO know what a french bow should feel like tell me I dun good. Still, if you hear anything about this bow maker, please let me know.
    Jack