Classic 50s P neck swap

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Jacob J, Aug 10, 2019.

1. I have a Classic 50s P in nitro and while I really like it, I've always been more of a rosewood guy. Just recently, I discovered that one of my local stores has a new American Original 60s P neck in stock and it got me thinking. I like the idea of swapping my neck for one of these. I used to have an AVRi 63 which I liked and I believe these AO 60s necks are pretty much similar in feel. However, I'm uncertain whether this would be a direct swap. The Classic 50s neck has a 7.25" radius while AO 60s neck is 9.5". I also have no idea whether neck pockets are same or there are some differences. I would like to pick everyone's brain on this as I have very little knowledge about this stuff.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2019
  2. vaesto

vaesto

Jun 21, 2010
    Hi. Can you bring the body of your guitar to the shop and try if it fits?

3. kevinpmajka

kevinpmajka Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2013
    Phoenix
    You could absolutely swap it. You just need to set up your bass for the different neck radius on your bridge. I would probably bring your bass in for a setup if you need help doing that.

Jacob J likes this.
  4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021