classic and pro cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassman60, Apr 20, 2002.

1. bassman60

Jun 5, 2001
    Hey guys I was thinking about getting the SVT 410he ampeg cab and the pr115e ampeg cab. Is there going to be a noticeble difference in sound between these two cabs? Will they sound sorta funny together? I would get the pro 410 but it has been discontinued. Should I just get the classic 15?? I would rather have the pro version mostly for power handling and durability (It's built like a tank). Some advice would be helpful, thanks guys.

2. bassman60

Jun 5, 2001
    gees is anybody gonna answer?
  3. Lovin Bass

Lovin Bass

Feb 8, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Sorry, usually people here on Talkbass are all over the threads and posting. If no one answers then try doing a search for the cabs you are interested in. You will probably find alot of reviews and opinions about the cabs and though they may not answer your question directly, sorting thru their input will most likely help you with your quest.

If possible, try naming your thread something with more appeal like "Ampeg Cabs". Being general also helps since people must read your thread before deciding if they want any involvement with it.

Oh well! Good luck!
  4. Steven Green

Steven Green

Jul 25, 2001
    Pacific NW
    They might looks a little strange together, but I'm sure they'll sound fine. Personally, I would just get all Classic cabs...uniform sound, uniform look.:)