Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by kcdbass, Apr 18, 2002.

1. Arctic White

6 vote(s)
  2. Olympic White

13 vote(s)
  3. Black

17 vote(s)
  4. Lake Placid Blue

26 vote(s)
  5. Sherwood Green

6 vote(s)
  6. Daphne Blue

11 vote(s)
  7. Fiesta Red

4 vote(s)
  8. Candy Apple Red

21 vote(s)
  9. Burgundy Mist

8 vote(s)
  10. Shell Pink

1 vote(s)
  11. Shoreline Gold

8 vote(s)
  12. Inca Silver

5 vote(s)
  13. Sea Foam Green

10 vote(s)
  14. Dakota Red

1 vote(s)
  15. "Root Beer" Brown

4 vote(s)
  16. Vintage Yellow

10 vote(s)
  17. OTHER

22 vote(s)
  1. kcdbass

Feb 27, 2002
    New Jersey
    Former Sales/Web, Sadowsky Guitars
    what's your favorite SOLID COLOR from the fender family? i'm going to limit the poll choices to solid colors only, and also ... the ones that i can think of off the top of my head.

moderators: if you can think of a solid color i left off, feel free to add it in.

have fun!
  2. ORANGE!!!!

color 96, a new color for the year 2002

but classic?.. candy apple red, bright and blinding...
  3. ChronicPyromaniac

Jan 25, 2001
    Another vote for Candy Apple Red!
  4. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    Voted "other", just to make notice there is no "natural" option in the poll.

My favourite Fender finish overall, however, is "Antigua".

All the best,
  5. Root 5

Root 5

Nov 25, 2001
    3 tone SB

Lake Placid Blue

Burgundy Mist
  6. JayAmel

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    BTW, in France, Fender Olympic White finish is called Olympic White, and the Vintage Yellow one is called Butterscotch Blonde (I guess that's the one you're thinkin' of).

All the best,
  7. JayAmel

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
  8. SpeeDFX

Apr 14, 2002
    i voted OTHER. I like midnight wine. :- D
  9. CAR.

Because that color came from Fender and not from Dupont or other enamels manufacturers.
  10. Philbiker

Philbiker Pat's the best!

Dec 28, 2000
    Northern Virginia, USA
    I voted Lake Placid Blue only because I used to have a MIM Jazz bass that was very pretty in LPBlue.
    Now I have a Sonic Blue Jazz V but SOnic Blue wasn't on your list and I'm not sure it's considered a "Classic Fender Color" like LPBlue is.
  11. rllefebv

Oct 17, 2000
    Newberg, Oregon
    I don't know if Olympic White is the slightly cream color of my P bass or not, but it is certainly my favorite. Followed closely by the color depicted in kcdbass' avatar!

12. I voted Lake Placid Blue - 'cos that is allegedly the colour that my 80's Precision Special is and I love it.

However, it isn't actually the same colour as the Jazz Bass above. My bass is closer to the flecks in the scratchplate - anybody got any ideas???? So in actual fact I may be voting under flase pretenses!!
  13. Philbiker,Sonic Blue is certainly a classic color in my book , and I wish it were available on the new american series Precision , I may have to settle for the new sky blue (on the verge of buying a P) its close to the 60's looking colors I love on P basses.
  14. gfab333

Mar 22, 2000
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Olympic White. As we all know, this color turns to creme as the bass ages. It's a classic color. See my avatar.
  15. Sunburst.
    O.K. I know, solid colors only. I'd vote for black. Hey, I have two black basses. It's not my favorite color, but, a black bass kind of makes you concentrate on your playing. They sit there on the stand and say, "I am black. I am seroius. Just play me."

Mike J.
    Sunburst! :p
  16. I voted Seafoam Green, but I also like fiesta red, shoreline gold and CAR very much! :)
  17. SuperDuck

Sep 26, 2000
    Sherwood green. Anyone ever seen the Clapton Strat in that finish? ~drool~
  18. Candy Apple Red. Nothing better than any Fender with a bound + block inlayed maple/maple neck with a white pickguard on a Candy Apple Red body. :)
  19. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Midnight Wine, Burgundy Mist...whatever their extremely dark and blood colored red is called these days. That's a cool color, and if I ever got an Ameri P Deluxe, I'd get it in Midnight wine w/ a black pickgaurd....oop! GAS!
  20. neptune

Feb 2, 2001
    aged butterscotch blond (w/red tortiose, natural headstock), candy apple red (w/matching headstock, then sherwood green, (w/matching headstock). Least favorites are "cocoa" or whatever that mid-70's finish was called, and Antigua. Trivia: The Antigua finish came about in an effort to conceal the burn marks that resulted from applying binding to hollow body Fenders. This isn't a reason not to like it, I just don't like that type of Sunburst.