Classic Rock

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Lowner, Dec 29, 2007.

1. Lowner

Lowner

May 14, 2005
    Over Here
    It seems that either the older I get or the more I hear the music they call Heavy Metal these days, the more I enjoy classic rock. I am finding myself getting into bands I was never into before. I am really getting into led Zepplin and Black Sabbath. Its cool beacuse I was never into any of these bands growing up. I was into hair metal back in the 80's. But to me music has never been the same since grunge.

2. I keep the Boneyard on my XM system most of the time. They play a lot of obscure metal and classic rock bands from back in my days :) Sometimes I listen to the new metal station and I like some of the new bands but as soon as I hear grunting and growling vocals, I switch the station. That's where I draw the line :rollno:

3. Loose Cannon

Loose Cannon

Feb 12, 2007
    Missouri
  4. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Wait until you get into reggae.

5. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Good girl

6. -but I dare the OP top post twice in this thread. :)

7. Hawaii Islander

Hawaii Islander Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Rio Rico, AZ
    Other than sounding good, many of the classic rock bands also developed personal, recognizable identities in their sound that have been maintained throughout the years. Many of the newer bands blend together too much, they lack a distinct identity to their sound. This is one of the reasons classic rock groups are still going strong recording and playing live gigs.

8. morf

morf Inactive

Feb 17, 2006
    I double dare and take bets. :D

9. When style and music meant more than simply having something that sounds like something else to sell records.

Bands of today that fit that unique bill are Tool, Primus, and bands that don't quite conform to the pop norm.

10. Yea. I love classic rock.

11. 8 to 5 against.

12. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    van halen, acdc...i cant really stand them myself. idk, its just not what i prefer i guess.

13. morf

morf Inactive

Feb 17, 2006
    Oh this is gonna pay out... :ninja:

14. Yngwie 4String

Yngwie 4String Inactive

May 3, 2007
    Auburn Nebraska
    There has been a lot of good metal since grunge. Check out Pantera, Shadows Fall, and Lamb of God for example.

15. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    I'm in on this one!

16. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Lownered again.

17. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    Did you just say idk? :eyebrow:

18. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    idk. My bff Jill?

19. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    aah i hate those commercials. if thats what it really makes me sound like i will be less lazy and type out 'i dont know.'

20. Spector_Ray

Spector_Ray

Aug 8, 2004
    Texas
    My 12yo son and 15 yo daughter are really big into Rush right now. They're after my cd collection!

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 27, 2021