1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Classic Vibe 50's Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by lbbc, Feb 8, 2016.

Tags:
  1. lbbc

lbbc Supporting Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Seaford , DE
    I have to tell you, I guess I was a Squier snob. But I took a chance on a Classic Vibe 50's bass bought here. It has the vintage tint neck, Seymore Duncan pickup, new ghs flats, bridge and pickup cover. I replaced the black scratched pickguard with a white one...and it's really amazing. I'm going to lower the action to my liking, but it is gigable. Go figure, I have read reviews from some claiming these basses are great. Well....this one is!

blacktocomm likes this.
  2. Justice

Justice

May 24, 2002
    Houston TX.
    upload_2016-2-8_14-39-29.

3. Congratulations, you can't go wrong with a Classic Vibe! I used to be a snob also, but after reading all the
    threads on here on how great the CV's and VM's were I started to check them out. Finally found a used
    CV 60's Pbass in sonic blue for 200.00 and grabbed it. Its been a great bass. Now how about some pictures?
    I'm not sure if I can believe without pictures!

4. jd56hawk

jd56hawk

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    The Blonde ones definitely look good and I sure don't remember seeing any with a white pickguard.
    Just don't make the same mistake the original owner did...a pick should never be made from a machete blade!

5. lbbc

lbbc Supporting Member

Sep 25, 2007
    Seaford , DE
    Here it is fender.

6. jd56hawk

jd56hawk

Sep 12, 2011
    The Garden State
    Looks great!
    That black pickguard was a mess.

lbbc likes this.