1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Classic Vibe 60s Precision Bridge

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by RadioRob, Mar 11, 2013.

1. RadioRob

RadioRob

Dec 15, 2012
    I was thinking of changing my stock Squire bridge to the High Mass Classic Vibe 60s Precision Bridge.
    My question is 2 fold.
    Is it a drop in fit.
    Will I need a special chrome bridge cover or will the standard fit?

2. chuck norriss

chuck norriss Banned

Jan 20, 2011
    5-hole & shares a brand name should be an exact match. You should be able to find a high mass bridge for less than that. The Hipshot A style knock offs aren't bad at all. & if they say they fit Fender then generally they'll fit Squier too.

3. To answer your other question, no, the Precision bass bridge cover will not fit over pretty much any high mass bridge.

4. Liam76

Liam76

Dec 28, 2012
    I have a Classic Vibe with the high-mass bridge that came with a cover...

newbass.

Which I eventually removed...

newcovers.

Out of boredom, I ended up putting the cover on my Squire VM jazz.

Anyway, I'm guessing that if the bass was made in the same country as the source of the bridge, it should drop in. Mine was made in China. Otherwise, I've exchanged parts between Indonesian made Squires and MIM Fenders and it either took a lot of work to get them to work together, or it simply didn't work.

5. CLMSHQ

CLMSHQ

Apr 17, 2007
    Danielson, CT
    When I had mine, I put in a Fender Classic bridge..not an exact fit, slightly pulled it further back on the body, enough to cover the original holes and Bingo..still played like buttah.

6. You need a bigger bridge cover to go over a high mass bridge, I have one from a 60's squier P that I dont need if anyone is looking for one I will let it go cheap

7. RadioRob

RadioRob

Dec 15, 2012
    Its a VM P Bass I got used that I am updating.
    Well I ordered the bridge and a cover that said it was for that bridge.
    I am having the body painted Pearl by a car painter friend of mine, still waiting.
    I changed the pickups, updated the electronics and added tort pickguard.
    Then I had to order new knobs :(
    Cant wait to get it togeather.

8. Shadi

Shadi Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2008
    Carbondale, IL
  9. RadioRob

RadioRob

Dec 15, 2012