Classic Vibe Jaguar Bass - Mark Hoppus Inspired Mods

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JT Foster, Nov 2, 2021.

1. JT Foster

JT Foster

Dec 27, 2014
    O’Fallon, MO
    F109499E-D5C0-4AC9-8B14-67F281D1BAA1.jpeg

Still more mods to go; but so far I’ve changed out the top concentric knobs for black/pearloid ones, replaced the black pickguard with a custom one, and added a Blink sticker for flair. I’m extremely happy with this bass.

I’m thinking of adding different tuners, specifically the taller ones you’ll see on some higher end Jazz Basses. Not sure what they’re called, but I love the look of them!
    Gonna do a badass style bridge, probably the fender-branded one to save money. The current one is fine, it’s just not great.

Looking to swap out the stock strings for DR High Beams. Not sure if the 33.75 short scale High Beams will fit the medium scale, and I’m not sure where to measure to figure it out. Let me know if you know how!

The last (and most expensive..) thing I’m considering doing is throwing in an EMG Geezer PJ set. Current pickups are pretty good, but the geezers really get rid of that vintage/warm sound and add more punch for aggressive playing.

Just wanted to share my excitement.

2. Heck yeah man. I've been loving my Squier Jag. The stock pickups are a bit vintage sounding, but I like that organic woody bowing sound, personally. Nice pickguard ;)

Where did you get those knobs?

20210812_215123.jpg

JT Foster and Naviiin like this.
  3. JT Foster

JT Foster

Dec 27, 2014
    O’Fallon, MO
    Damn, that’s a good looking Jag. What year is that?

I got the knobs off eBay for $10. They are a lot taller than I expected, and I may get shorter ones sometime down the line.

4. 2saddleslab

2saddleslab Supporting Member

May 30, 2003
    Kentucky
    Very nice results! The knobs are a perfect compliment to that bass.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 28, 2022