1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Classic Vibe Jazz Bass Players post your comments (good or bad) here!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by madbassplaya, May 7, 2010.

1. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    Here's the deal.

I am a jazz bass player. It's what I've always love and no matter what other basses look good to me, a jazz bass is always what i'm gonna come back to. There's just something about the sound and look of a jazz that does something for me. I'm selling two basses right now, and when they sell I plan on buying a more expensive jazz, but for now, i'm needing to get a "giggable" bass that is around the 400 dollar mark.

Here's where the classic vibe comes in. my local guy is willing to cut me a better deal on a new one as well.

Should I do it?

Any good or bad reviews I should hear? I haven't found anything negative, so if there is please let me know.

[​IMG]

2. GC4

GC4

Apr 6, 2008
    Toronto, Ontario
    A definite giggable bass. I have the CV Jazz and love it. It is my only Jazz but I love the change from P from time to time. There is a bit of hum when the pickups are set at different volumes, but it is not outrageous.

If the local shop has it in stock, go play it and I'm sure you will be impressed for the price.

3. dwjazz54

dwjazz54

Jan 21, 2003
    Jersey City, NJ
    ^^^This^^^

If you like Jazz basses, the CV is a stellar deal. There are only a few Jazzes that have spoken to me better than my humble CV - and those were worth quite a bit of coin...

4. madbassplaya

madbassplaya

Dec 28, 2007
    Thanks guys. I definately feel the same, I guess its that Squier name that's getting to me. Making me think it's not worth it.

5. I love mine. Solid bass, great feel and tone.

6. thisSNsucks

thisSNsucks Supporting Member

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    I have one and I like it a lot. As GC4 said, the only "issue" I have with it is the hum. It's nothing terrible but I like my basses quieter. I'm sure its nothing $20.00 worth of sheilding tape wont fix.

Aside from that, fit and finish is spot on. I got mine from GC and believe it or not, the setup was perfect! I played 2 and both were a bit on the heavy side, but nothing a wide strap couldn't remedy.

FWIW I played it at GC alongside a MIA Fender Jazz and I liked the Squier better :bag:

For $350 its a great bass, and if it had "Fender" on the headstock instead, I'm sure most people wouldn't mind paying double for it.

Now I'm looking to snag one of those new CV fiesta red P-basses.

7. BassAgent

BassAgent Supporting Member

Dec 2, 2003
    Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    Official Artist: Eich Amplification
    I posted a review of it a while ago:

8. bh2

bh2

Jun 16, 2008
    Oxford, UK
    They are great basses... I really fancy one for a replica project. A while ago I a/b'd one with a RW Jazz and there wasn't much in it except the price of course! I love the glossy necks on these, some hate them... easily enough to deal with.

FWIW I normally play/gig a 62 Jazz.

9. loend68

loend68 Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2008
    NH
    Endorsing Artist: Spector Basses, T.C. Electronics
    I took one off the rack at the store yesterday and was amazed at what a great bass this is. It had a high setup which almost stopped me from picking it up, but even with the high setup it played and felt great. The neck had a nice dark piece of rosewood. It felt like a much more expensive bass. The only thing that stopped me from picking it up is that I just don't like white basses (and I have enough basses at home).