Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Classical

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by b0nes83, Feb 1, 2002.

1. b0nes83

b0nes83

Dec 14, 2000
    I play electric bass at a college totally fixatted on classical music. There have been no problems with me playing the electric rather than the upright. I was wondering What is a good music school for education in New York. I have looked at Potsdam and im not interested....any other please feel free to help me out here. peace
    Chad

2. ConTraBajisTa

ConTraBajisTa Guest

Oct 5, 2000
    auburn, ny
    [sssiigghh]

ithaca.

[another sigh]

sorry, its home to... THE drummer.

anyways, yeah, ithaca college i heard is suppose to be a real good music school. i don't know much about it, i just know alot of people go there for music-related education.

3. Angus

Angus Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2000
    Palo Alto, CA
    Are you looking for degrees? If not, you might want to check out the Bass Collective. LOTS of great players and teachers there. But it's not like a REAL college. Check it out, though:

www.basscollective.com

4. Wxp4759cb

Wxp4759cb

Nov 23, 2000
    Kansas City, MO
    I think there are very few universities that offer any degrees for electric bass. Except MAYBE if you got a degree in jazz. All the colleges I've ever looked at require DoubleBass, and are either Classical or Jazz oriented (fine with me).