1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Classified Forum is a terrible user experience...

Discussion in 'Classifieds Usage Discussion and Help' started by David Brewbaker, Oct 3, 2017.

1. David Brewbaker

David Brewbaker

Aug 30, 2017
    Maine
    I'm searching basses for sale and most of what I see are SOLD listings. Why don't you provide a way to filter the results of the search for only active posts or a way to show the results by date? It's a terrible waste of a user's time the way it works currently. It's 2017, please get with it.

2. Pretty sure there is a way to filter it. Don't quote me on that. Lol

3. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton valar morghulis Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Philly Suburbs
    Click on the quick filter I circled.

classifieds.

hrodbert696 and Arizona Jones like this.
  4. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    If this was a terrible experience for you, you're a lucky man who's lived a charmed life.

JLY, TolerancEJ, Trouztrouz and 2 others like this.
  5. packrat

packrat Supporting Member

Mar 6, 2017
    California
    I think there's also a way to do that filter if you're searching as well. GIven the ridiculous number of great instruments available for sale in the classifiers, really the only poor experience is inevitably ending up buried under a great pile of the things.

6. I'm also confused by the search utility.
    I want to search the classifieds for bass guitars that are for sale and are archtops.

So I go to Classifieds > For Sale: Bass Guitars > Quick Filter For Sale. I don't see how to further refine that search to archtops, so I go to the global Search utility.

There I click More (Advanced Search) and start filling in the form. I start with Search Tags > For Sale > and it pops me into the search tags utility again.

So, I go back to Advanced Search and skip the Search Tags and go to Keywords: and fill in archtop, then Search in Forums > Classifieds [BG] > For Sale: Bass Guitars > Search

and the results I get contain sold, etc. tag results.

So, what am I missing?

7. I just went to the general search page, chose basses for sale under classified and used the search term archtop.

Search Results for Query: archtop | TalkBass.com

You will see a lot of Sold basses since proportionally there aren't that many archtops out there.

8. I just want to make sure this behavior that David Brewbaker describes above is still a feature, and not a bug. That behavior is that users can't filter out the quick filter tagged ads with another factor? I can't, for example, search for for sale MAS cabinets in For Sale: Amps, Preamps, and Cabinets without seeing all the sold cabinets? I can't search for, as in the detailed example below, only for for sale archtops?