Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Clatter

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by Matthew Bryson, Feb 11, 2004.

1. Matthew Bryson

Matthew Bryson Guest

Jul 30, 2001
    Well... What DO you get when you mix Rush, Duran Duran, and pink hair? Has anybody heard this? The Ad banner at Talk Bass is the only place that I've heard of it, but the ad banner is doing it's job - I'm getting curious as to what they sound like. Has anybody heard them? Did anmybody have to buy it because of the ad banner here at TB?

2. Electricmayhem

Electricmayhem

Dec 18, 2003
    NH
    I just tried clicking on the ad and the link didn't work. I'm curious about this band also.

3. brake

brake

Jun 23, 2003
    Nova Scotia, Canada
    It's very very good stuff - www.clatter.com - you wont be dissapointed ;) :bassist:

4. Johnny Crab

Johnny Crab ACME,QSC,Fame/Hondo/Greco user & BOSE Abuser Gold Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2004
    South Texas
  5. David Wilson

David Wilson Administrator Staff Member Administrator Supporting Member

Oct 14, 2002
    Lower Westchester, NY
    I bought it, played it first time and wasn't that taken with it. Played it again and realised I remembered all the songs, a good sign in my book.

They've done an excellent job of varying the bass sounds over the album, using distortion / envelope filters etc and the bass lines are really good. There's also a good variety to the bass playing - I really like the percussive bass playing on the second track for example.

6. Tosya

Tosya

Oct 11, 2002
    MOUSA
    Meh...they're overrated in my book. ;)

Johnny Crab, where do you live?! We'd love to see you at a show! We're also planning to be back in Texas next month, with a show already scheduled in Beaumont on March 20. But Houston is sooner! :)

E Mayhem, sorry the link didn't work -- don't know why! :confused: I'm putting up a whole new site right now, so it may be down for a few minutes. You guys will have to let me know what you think!

And thanks as always for the kind words and support! Hope to see you all soon! :D

Amy / Clatter

7. Electricmayhem

Electricmayhem

Dec 18, 2003
    NH
    Hey, it works now!

Probably just my computer acting up last night.

8. Tosya

Tosya

Oct 11, 2002
    MOUSA
    No, actually something went awry on my end. It's just been one of those messy computer weeks for me for some reason!

So your computer is A-OK! :)

9. Electricmayhem

Electricmayhem

Dec 18, 2003
    NH
    Well, maybe it was okay last night, but sometimes it's a little screwy. :mad:

10. I might check you guys out live in Houston.

Be cool if you went, Johnny.

Of course, I've gotta find money first :bawl:

EDIT: Looks like I can't go...the rhythm room is a 18+ place only! Man, being 17 sucks.

11. Tosya

Tosya

Oct 11, 2002
    MOUSA
    That sucks!! I wish all shows everywhere were all-ages. That really bugs me!

Maybe we'll get back down there after your birthday? :)

12. how bout tryin to get all ages shows for us Prog loving 14 year olds? ;)

13. Johnny Crab

Johnny Crab ACME,QSC,Fame/Hondo/Greco user & BOSE Abuser Gold Supporting Member

Feb 11, 2004
    South Texas
    Houston is 110 miles up Highway 59 from here AND I got the CD in the mail today(CD Baby works) AND my calendar is marked. Can I bring a Sharpee for ya'll to sign the CD?

I'm getting my friend's wife(Russian) to translate Nevsky Prospekt since it had no words in the liner notes.

Also second the notion of expanding your "stops" to include lower aged folks.

Amy and Joe keep doing what they're doing!!! We love it and there is NOTHING like it on this planet!