1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Claude Bolling Flute

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by marob, Jun 8, 2005.

1. marob

marob

Apr 18, 2005
    Wisconsin, USA
    Hey guys,

Here's a tune that makes all your problems wash away. :)

I recorded it with 2 mics, live, in a concert hall.
    Whacha think?

Bolling

~Matt

btw, that's me playin',...one of the instruments. ;)

2. Way cool....I've played that with a trio as well. Not what I expected to find here:) I actually had my finishing flute exam today, and I'm doing bass tomorrow. Overall good playing, although it could flow better, I feel that the drums lack a certain drive.
    Also very good work on the flute, although it's not my favorite approach to tone.

3. Hey, I played a few pieces from that suite last year at a music festival. excellent stuff.

4. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

I liked your version of the "Irlandaise". The only noticeable thing to fix for me is that at a certain point you tried to rush, but fortunately re-gained control over the tempo.

I played the whole suite in three gigs earlier this year. It's my favorite piece of "crossover music" and I worked hard to play it by sheer memory in its entirety. I played it last year on fretless bass (last time I played it on double bass) but only could memorize the first movement, "Baroque And Blue". Now I have it totally memorized and it was really cool to play it that way, because I really could enjoy the music while playing. It was a great time. BTW, "Baroque And Blue" is a very popular piece in my country because so many years ago it was used for TV commercials (clothes' soap and yogurt, if I recall well).