Claude Bolling Flute

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by marob, Jun 8, 2005.

1. marob

Apr 18, 2005
    Wisconsin, USA
    Hey guys,

Here's a tune that makes all your problems wash away. :)

I recorded it with 2 mics, live, in a concert hall.
    Whacha think?

btw, that's me playin', of the instruments. ;)
  2. Way cool....I've played that with a trio as well. Not what I expected to find here:) I actually had my finishing flute exam today, and I'm doing bass tomorrow. Overall good playing, although it could flow better, I feel that the drums lack a certain drive.
    Also very good work on the flute, although it's not my favorite approach to tone.
  3. Hey, I played a few pieces from that suite last year at a music festival. excellent stuff.
  4. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

I liked your version of the "Irlandaise". The only noticeable thing to fix for me is that at a certain point you tried to rush, but fortunately re-gained control over the tempo.

I played the whole suite in three gigs earlier this year. It's my favorite piece of "crossover music" and I worked hard to play it by sheer memory in its entirety. I played it last year on fretless bass (last time I played it on double bass) but only could memorize the first movement, "Baroque And Blue". Now I have it totally memorized and it was really cool to play it that way, because I really could enjoy the music while playing. It was a great time. BTW, "Baroque And Blue" is a very popular piece in my country because so many years ago it was used for TV commercials (clothes' soap and yogurt, if I recall well).