Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Claypool Bass Solo

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Systemofadowner, Apr 11, 2002.

1. Systemofadowner

Systemofadowner

Feb 24, 2002
    Mass
    I have a problem, I love Les Claypool. but I don't know the names to any of his songs. But what's the name of his most famous bass solo that most people know where it's just less and the drums and it's not part of a song. (you know what i'm talking about) I just need the name so I can get some tabs for it.

2. The Awakening. its actually not a solo but really a cover but i cant remember of who...
    anyway i can GUARENTEE just about any tab you find will be wrong...

3. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I'll second that :)

I always liked the "Tommy the Cat" solo from "Suck on This"

but then that and Frizzle fry are the only Primus disks I still listen to. They were crude and raw and great that way.

4. Festus

Festus

Dec 12, 2001
    London, England.
    I may be able to help....
    'The Awakening' was a tune written by Otis Reddings' sons. They used to be in a band called
    The Reddings (funny that eh?)
    I have searched high and low for the original recording and I can't find it. Chances are you will
    probably find it at a record fair lurking in the back of a box marked 'Funk'.
    There have been tabs of it posted on Basstabarchive.com. Some of it is wrong but it would help your ears and your fingers if you were to discover the mistakes.
    Good luck....
    It's a real corker of a groove.....