Claypool's head?! (bass head that is)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by nunk6, Sep 8, 2000.

1. nunk6

Jul 29, 2000
    hey i was wondering what bass heads does Les Claypool use? i never really wondered i knew of the Carl Thompson but what heads or also even cabinets does he use; does he endorse any?!
  2. 4String_Ninja

Aug 14, 2000

Les uses a Mesa Boogie Powerhouse cab (4x10 & 1x15) with custom Primus Glitter Brown flight case. VERY COOL CAB!
    Along with a regular Mesa 2x15 cab. And for the amp heads he uses 4 Ampeg Svt 3 pro's. 1 ADA, 1 clean, 2 back-ups. When he's not using Ampeg heads (which is rare) he uses Mesa Boogie 400's. He doesn't endorse anything except for EMG pick-ups.

3. actuly... on his current tour (Colonel Les Claypool's Flying Frog Brigade) i was in the front row in the filmore
    (small rock club in sf, you can really really get up in front) and i got a great look at his gear... he had one Ampeg svt 3 (bunch of open rack spaces, so he probly removed a lot of stuff from his rack for the show) but his cab's were two ampeg 4x10's (professional series) i didnt see any mesa gear being used by him.

WAKOJACO Guest

Jul 5, 2000
    Binghamton, NY

On his recorded stuff, I don't think he uses a head...all direct to the board. He used to endorse those ADA heads with the preset one touch tone settings. I think he actually used the guitar version though.
  5. rmp5s

May 19, 2000

There's a section in there where it describes (in almost TOO grave of detail) EVERYTHING Les uses. It also says all the other stuff for the other band mates too, if anyone cares. And, by the way, that is the official Primus web site.....what a sense of humor.