Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Clean bass in a rock setting? (Please point me to bands/ files/ mp3s)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by doublestop, Jul 7, 2005.

1. I can try new amps in the store, but I can't take 'em with me to band rehearsal........

I'm interested in clean amps (iAMP, Glockenklang etc.), but I don't know how they sound like in a rock setting.

Could someone please tell me what rock bands use a clean bass sound? Or maybe even post some links?

Thanks a lot,

Peter

2. protoz

protoz

Nov 30, 2000
    Iowa
    in my signature, brutal republic's recordings I did fully clean because I didn't own a pedal and the Hartke 5000 doesn't sound good cranked

3. Masher88

Masher88 Believe in absurdities and you commit atrocities

May 7, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    DD Verdi from Overkill in the 90's. His bass sounds like a piano! I think he used an ADA processer.

4. rhythmwiz

rhythmwiz

Feb 5, 2005
    Boston
    the guy for the muse has a really clean tone, very piano-like most of the time until he engages about 2 or 3 distorted tones. also a lot of classic rock guys had pretty clean tones although most were tube-y and warm. also Mark Pirro for the Polyphonic Spree has a pretty clean tone, although his is kind of a unique circumstance. i use a pretty clean tone for my band, although it is rather tube-y, but it's a hard rock band and it sounds great, cuts through really well, which isn't the easiest with 2 distorted guitars.

ciao, jason