1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Clean blend on Fuzzrocious Cat Tail

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Tom Schelfaut, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Tom Schelfaut

Tom Schelfaut

Jul 2, 2018
    For those who have a Fuzzrocious Cat Tail with a clean blend mod, how is it? Is it a proper blend or does it do the 'bees on top' thing? I'm still doubting between this pedal and a COG TK 421, which is supposed to have a great blend but it's very hard to obtain here in Belgium... If I can somehow get more certainty about the blend on a Cat Tail I'd go for that one...

BrentSimons and zapped777 like this.
  2. rratajski

rratajski Commercial User

Jul 1, 2008
    Mount Laurel, NJ
    Builder for FUZZROCIOUS PEDALS
    We can always help via email - fuzzrociouspedals@gmail.com.
    It's literally a clean blend. There is no filtering on the clean side.

3. ugly_bassplayer

ugly_bassplayer Supporting Member

Jan 21, 2009
    Québec
    Ryan ftw

cataract, BrentSimons and rratajski like this.
  4. knumbskull

knumbskull

Jul 28, 2007
    UK
    what do you mean by "a proper blend"?

FWIW, I use my Rat Tail with an LS-2 some of the time - it sounds good with the clean signal blended in.

zapped777 and rratajski like this.
  5. Tom Schelfaut

Tom Schelfaut

Jul 2, 2018
    What I mean by that is a blend option that blends properly... Some pedals don't do that well and then both sounds end up sounding too much side-by-side if that makes any sense...

rratajski likes this.
  6. knumbskull

knumbskull

Jul 28, 2007
    UK
    ah, ok.

the clean tone mixes well with the dirty signal – it all sounds like the "same" sound to me.

although again that is using an LS-2, however I doubt the sound would be appreciably different with the built-in blend.

rratajski likes this.