Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

clean boost

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by violatedppl, Jul 1, 2005.

1. Right now I am playing two different basses through the same head. this head has 2 inputs one is high gain the other low. with the low having a -6db effect. and the basses I am playing are a ibanez srx505 and a MIM jazz bass with stock pickups and with the jazz in the high gain and the ibby in the low I still have a great change in volume between the two basses. I know the ibby has REALLY HOT pickups but I would think the 6db cut could make up for this. and what I am looking for is a way to cleanly boost the signal of the jazz bass without really effecting the tone of it. I know of a few pedal that claim to do this but Im not sure how well they work and wanted some different opinions on this matter. Thanks and sorry for the long post :help:

2. tplyons

tplyons

Apr 6, 2003
    Madison, NJ
    Electro-Harmonix LPB-1 or LPB-2, a clone thereof or a Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster. That's what they're made for.

3. lowmid

lowmid

Feb 2, 2005
    belgium
    You wont never play the two basses at the same thime so why don't you just push the gain up while changing basses??? try to search two settings and remember them