1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Clean/Dirty Rig with Fender Bassman 500HD

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bassmusic17, Mar 27, 2015.

1. bassmusic17

bassmusic17

Jan 15, 2011
    I have been wanting to put together a clean/dirty rig for a long time. I have been going back and forth on tube and SS. Originally I wanted two Mesa Buster Amps. 200W each. Very fast response and sound great. Only problem is they don't pop up too often and two of them might be hard to swing financially or find.

So then I thought maybe I will go all tube and get a Meatsmoke and just run a clean blend. Although as much as I would love to have that amp I can't see me being able to afford it anytime soon unless I start making more money all of a sudden.

Well long story short, Fender has come out with these new Bassman 500HD series. I think this may be the perfect application. I have loved playing out of Superbassman 300s in stores and really love the overdrive built into those amps. This appears to be the same preamp and at 500W a piece it would be a good rig to run two clean/dirty. The biggest plus is that it would also be the cheapest application that I have considered so far. :)

Has anyone gotten their hands on these new Bassman 500HDs? What can you tell me about them? When do they hit stores?

Linnin and SunnBass like this.
  2. jrick7

jrick7

Mar 9, 2013
    Why not get dual channel amp thats footswitchable or a good drive pedal?

The Basssman 500 does seem like a great amp, but if you're going to get two amps why do they have to be the same model?

Just curious

3. bassmusic17

bassmusic17

Jan 15, 2011

I want to run one clean and one dirty at the same time. I want them to be the same so they compliment each other nicely.

Same concept as what Justin Chancellor of Tool does or Nick Theineman from Young Widows.

SunnBass likes this.
  4. Linnin

Linnin

Jul 19, 2012
    Linningrad, Earth
    Yes, the new Fender Bassman 500 is the very same pre-amp as the Super Bassman and 100t coupled to the D-Class amplifier section of Fender's Rumble 500. Just like the Super Bassman & 100t, they will be manufactured by Fender's Ensenada, Mexico facility.

Ed Byrnes likes this.
  5. jrick7

jrick7

Mar 9, 2013
    Oh ok, that makes sense.

6. lozonko

lozonko

Apr 9, 2014
    I have this Bassman 500 and it is frickin awesome... Killer sounds..

7. Just for the info for ppl replying

The Bassman 500 amp. ...like the Super Bassman and 100T. .... has 2 channels. One is labelled VINTAGE - as it's the old Bassman eq....flat is bass 2- mids 10- treble 2. With pull switches on bass for "deep" & treble for "bright".
    The "MODERN " or OVERDRIVE channel has a blendable drive feature. You can set you eq etc and then ADD IN the amount of OVERDRIVE you'd like while keeping the bottom end and ALL of your CLEAN signal in there at the same time.
    I use it to great effect with my Super Bassman. Imo I'd never need two amps, but each to their own. It sure would sound HUGE with 2 of the Bassman 500's - one clean and one set as grindy as heck!

8. Pat C.

Pat C. Supporting Member

Jan 1, 2005
    Tuscaloosa, AL, USA
    Subbed. I'm putting together a Clean/Dirty rig with two different amps, Aguilar TH500 (clean) and GK MB500 (switchable dirty boost, and will run EFX in chain). I'm curious as to how a dual Fender option would work out.