Clean my bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by eunwhan, Dec 30, 2002.

1. eunwhan

Dec 30, 2002
    How would I go about cleaning my bass?
    Just making it shiny and whatnot. I don't want to just go grab car wax or Pledge or something and end up ruining the finish.
    So. Any tips?
  2. local music shops should have some kind of guitar polish. gibson amkes a decent one. the container will tell you to apply it to a clean lint-free cloth and rub onto your guitar. that the basic info on the subject.
  3. eunwhan

Dec 30, 2002
    Hrmm. Yeah, I could go out and buy some. I prolly should've been able to think that up myself... ^^;
    Say that I don't have any money though, is there anything that would be found in the household, or under the sink that I would be able to use?
  4. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    Under the sink? sure, Grab a bristle brush, some COMET cleaner, and some Clorox Bleach.
  5. ya could just wipe it down with a cloth. don't try any household polish stuff on it.

polish is usually only four or five bucks. if TOTALLY necessary, take advantage of that special five finger discount ;) just kiddin' (or am i?)
  6. no, house hold polish is ok - it works for me!

All guitar polish is is just pledge or what not....

Just use furniture polish - and if you got like duct tape marks and stuff, use a damn clothe on it !
  7. BassGreaser

Aug 22, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Alembic polish is supose to be the best
  8. Stupidnick

Mar 22, 2002 room...
    try lemon oil for the neck..
    ...good stuff.. realy slick too!