1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Clean non-coloring boost to match active Ernie to Jazz Bass

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by fleas1apprentis, Mar 27, 2006.

1. fleas1apprentis

fleas1apprentis

Mar 27, 2006
    Guys, I'm in a bind. I love my two basses. One being a Ernie Ball Stingray 5, which cranks, and my 4 string 75 passive re-issue jazz bass. One is way louder than the other, and i have been using a "seymour duncan pickup booster" to even out the volume difference. This is too gnarly. It just cranks my preamp too hot and intensifies my jazz bass sound too much. What is the best way to even out the volume levels for these two basses???

2. gillento

gillento

Oct 15, 2005
    Luxembourg, Europe
    Nordstrand pickups
    have a look at the Radial Engineering Bass Bone!! 2 channels, effect loop, tuner out, clean boost, great DI.

Another option might be the programmable Tech21 Sansamp Bassdriver. If you turn the blend knob fully counterclockwise, you won't use any "amp coloration" and you'll have a straight 2 band preamp/booster.

3. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL