1. Please read before selling or posting: TalkBass DB Classifieds Rules and FAQ
  2. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Clean Spiro Weichs, $100

Discussion in 'For Sale: Double Bass Amps, Strings, & Accessories' started by KUNGfuSHERIFF, Mar 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Another set of strings I won't be using -- I got these used but in fantastic shape, with the silks still nice and smooth and the playing lengths still squeaky clean. $100 shipped in the US, $10 extra overseas. PayPal is fine.

2. How is the tension on these?

3. Pretty light. They're a little bright at first but once they settle in they have a nice strong tone and last forever. I hear from people I know who play bluegrass that Spiros are very popular.

4. I pick my bass up tomorrow. I will see if they have Spiro strings on any thing they have there to get a feel and then ill let you know. I to have heard the name used for bluegrass just wanted to make sure they were light enough for my bass.

5. In my experience, the only thing better than played-in Spiro Weichs on an early Kay is Spiro on the bottom and gut on top.

6. Still available.

7. Pending.

8. Steve Clark

Steve Clark

Jan 9, 2004
    London ON
    If the deal falls through I'm interested. Been using Mittels for the longest time but interested in trying Weich.

9. Sure.

10. SOLD.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.