clean to dirty

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by jumbomatumbo, Dec 24, 2000.

1. jumbomatumbo

Dec 13, 2000
    i need to know what pedal would be to switch from clean twangy bass, like clean, and crisp. to deep heavy low full bass sound like staind, or something. i need to switch from the extremes often, so i need a pedal that lets me. i could dhange it on my amp, but thats takes too much time.
  2. since you posted this thread up here twice (im guessing accident, im gonna git rid of the other thread you posted. just to let ya know....
  3. I think an EQ pedal could do that. Set the highs and stuff on the EQ on your anp, have the pedal preset to a low type sound you want. Then when you want it to be low, stomp the pedal.
  4. enderbass14

Sep 28, 2000
    Why settle for an EQ pedal when you can get a good distortion pedal and a very simple (ie: cant do too much with it, but still good) EQ pedal. I have the ODB-3 Overdrive pedal from BOSS and it seems to work just fine with what your talking about. You can get anywhere from a clean sound to a Nirvana fuzzy sound, to a heavy deep dark staind sound with it. Try it out.
  5. Doh! I thought he meant going from a high-low sound, didn't know he was asking about distortion. My bad!
  6. enderbass14

Sep 28, 2000
    Well actually I wasn't quite so sure either, but I just thought I'd add in that fact.