1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

clean up my act

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by drjojo42, Apr 28, 2006.

1. drjojo42

drjojo42

Mar 1, 2006
    bowie md
    im new to bass,i just bought a gk amp and man now i can hear every string rattle and other inperfections in my playing.any sugerstions on how to play cleanly.thanks:crying:

2. I use my right hand 3rd and 4th fingers resting on the A & E strings a lot while my right hand mutes mutes the D & G.

Though I think that's the absolute hardest thing to teach anyone is the left hand/right hand muting techniques.

It's just a matter of time and practice and it will come naturally...

3. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member In Memoriam

The best way is to get some lessons with a good teacher, who can see exactly what it is you are doing and how to address that!

Nobody here can see how you are playing - so any advice can only be a guess at best! :meh:

4. Skeletomania

Skeletomania

Oct 25, 2005
    hong kong
  5. drjojo42

drjojo42

Mar 1, 2006
    bowie md
    thanks a lot for your input guys, im a guitar player ,transitioning to bass,from the begining ive taken lessons from a local guy whos a highly sought after player,glad a did to .well after fridays lesson he pointed out my treble on my bass was too high ,my bad,i guess all those knobs on my bass got me confused,dosn't take much to confuse a guitar player,but im realy enjoying bass,oh yea learning to play bass well is every bit as hard as learning to play guitar well.

6. vyse933

vyse933

Mar 31, 2006
    Grand Haven, MI
    turn down your treble and turn down your tone control.