1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Cleaner E string

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by MMcC, Feb 2, 2006.

1. MMcC

MMcC

Sep 10, 2005
    Dallas
    I was wondering if anyone can recomment to me a set of strings that keeps a clean tone higher up the fretboard on the E string. I've been having this problem of my E getting real muddy regardless of brand or gauge on a number of my basses: 2 fender jazzes and a music man. I know it's kind of a normal characteristic of all E strings, but if anyone knows of anything that will help me, I'd appreciate it.

2. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    The cleanest, most belltone-like string that I have played is the DM SR2000. It's the only string I use on a fretted bass. i have been very happy with them for the past few years.

3. SGT. Pepper

SGT. Pepper Banned

Nov 20, 2005
    Phila,Pa.
    Your pick-ups might be too close to your strings. Lower them down a little and see if things clear up.

4. milo

milo

Jul 22, 2004
    slovenia
    try Fodera Victor Wooten signature O40-095
    I have it on Cort Rb4 .
    Warwick 105- muddy
    Ernie ball super slinky 100-much better
    Fodera Victor Wooten signature- E string realy rings and they are like butter.
    And dont be affraid couse E string is only 095 ure bass will not be short on bass fequencies.

5. slugworth

slugworth Banned

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
    Rotosound SM-66 40-100. Purrrrfect.

Slug