Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cleaner E string

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by MMcC, Feb 2, 2006.

1. MMcC

MMcC

Sep 10, 2005
    Dallas
    I was wondering if anyone can recomment to me a set of strings that keeps a clean tone higher up the fretboard on the E string. I've been having this problem of my E getting real muddy regardless of brand or gauge on a number of my basses: 2 fender jazzes and a music man. I know it's kind of a normal characteristic of all E strings, but if anyone knows of anything that will help me, I'd appreciate it.

2. Chasarms

Chasarms Casual Observer

May 24, 2001
    Bettendorf, IA USA
    The cleanest, most belltone-like string that I have played is the DM SR2000. It's the only string I use on a fretted bass. i have been very happy with them for the past few years.

3. SGT. Pepper

SGT. Pepper Banned

Nov 20, 2005
    Phila,Pa.
    Your pick-ups might be too close to your strings. Lower them down a little and see if things clear up.

4. milo

milo

Jul 22, 2004
    slovenia
    try Fodera Victor Wooten signature O40-095
    I have it on Cort Rb4 .
    Warwick 105- muddy
    Ernie Ball super Slinky 100-much better
    Fodera Victor Wooten signature- E string realy rings and they are like butter.
    And dont be affraid couse E string is only 095 ure bass will not be short on bass fequencies.

5. slugworth

slugworth Banned

Jun 12, 2003
    So. Calif.
    Rotosound SM-66 40-100. Purrrrfect.

Slug