Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cleaning a Speaker Cone?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by MikeMess, Oct 30, 2004.

1. Not sure if this is the right forum for this, but it does have to do with speaker cabs and speakers...

I recently purchased a used cab and the speaker has some "stuff" (dried white spots from some kind of liquid). So, what is safe to use to clean the speaker?

It's an Eden speaker (BTW).

2. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    man i knew some guys "loved" their eden cabs but sheesh.......... :p

I would go with a just damp cloth, but not very damp, just a little wet. and lightly brush the stuff off. Just be careful not to keep the speaker as dry as possible.

3. Methinks you're trying to lead me astray so that I have to buy more stuff from you... :scowl:

;)

I've decided to leave it as it is so as not to damage the cone. The spots are on there pretty good and won't come off without a solvent of some sorts...

No biggie though!

4. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    ya know, maybe i shouldn't be allowed to type onl;ine after 5 pm due to stupidity. yeah try to keep the speaker as dry as possible.

5. Try a dry toothbrush, rub gently... it may dislodge some of the

If that doesn't work, forgeddaboudit and just enjoy the sound of your Eden speaker. Think of the white spots as personality.

6. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    I agree. And if it all gets too much, shoot a PM to BillyB_from_LZ. He's pretty good with this sort of stuff.

7. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Good at what? Putting white spots on...or getting the whites spots out? :D

8. Petebass

Petebass

Dec 22, 2002
    QLD Australia
    lol...... you'll need a can of white paint, a garden sprinkler, and big lungs. All are available from Wallmart...........