Cleaning Carpet on Cabs???

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jokerjkny, Mar 3, 2003.

1. jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    hey all,

at my church gig, where i can leave my equipment in the storage area, my cab has been getting dirty and very dusty. is there a sure fire way to effectively clean off that dirt, chipping paint, dust, etc.

also, not to gross y'all out, but i'm pretty sure there's a roach problem there, too, and i'm a little paranoid a family of cockaroches have nested in the carpeting or inside the cab itself! :eek:

is there any way to disinfect it of the vermin?
  2. Wownirvana

Jul 7, 2002
    Athens, GA
    Well you can clean the carpet on the cab with a hand-held vacuum or with the attachments on a regular vacuum, but I don't know about your roach problem. First, check to see if there are any roaches inside the cabinet. If there aren't any then just make sure you cover up any holes that lead to the cabinet with some cardboard or tape or something. If they are in there I think the best thing to do would be to blast them out. Just crank the bass and the volume so you have lots and lots of vibrations and chances are they will leave. If that doesn't work you might want to consult an electrician or someone that knows a lot about cabs and ask them if you can use bugspray without hurting the wires or speakers. Good luck~Josh