Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cleaning Modulus Fretboard

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by bobbykokinos, Feb 13, 2005.

1. I have a Modulus Q6 with graphite neck and the standard fretboard that comes on the graphite necks (I dont remember what its called. Is it just carbon fiber?).

Anyways, what can you use to clean it?? Its got some, as I call, "finger funk" on it from playing. What is safe to use to clean it off?

2. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    A slightly damp cloth is all you need. The carbon fiber fretboard won't absorb the water from the cloth, so you don't need to worry about doing any damage.

3. Ok, I'll do that.. While I'm on the subject of Modulus maintenance.. How can I tell when I need some cleaning/work on the frets?? Ive had the bass since 1996 and never once have had anything done to the neck.

4. RAM

RAM

May 10, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    If you can see buildup, you should clean it. You won't do any damage to it by letting it get dirty; it's just kinda gross to see buildup.

5. No no, I mean the frets themselves, not the fretboard. Dont basses eventually need some fret work down after a while of playing??