cleaning the bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MadPink, Apr 25, 2002.

1. I just brought home my 1974 Ric today and I just want to polish up the chrome and the rest of the body. What would be good for this purpose?
  2. Thornton Davis

Thornton Davis Supporting Member

Dec 11, 1999
    MadPink - Congrats on buying the bass. There are lots of products available that can be used to clean up your bass. Having seen and played your bass, I really didn't think that it was very dirty. But, it definately could use a cleaning.
    Here's what I use on my basses. For the chrome, I use Never-Dull. It does a great job of restoring the chrome and giving it a great shine.
    For the body I use 2 products. They are both by a company called Virtuoso. They make a cleaner and a polish. The cleaner will remove all the crap that has built up on the bass and leave a great shine. The polish makes the bass look like it's new again.
    Here's the link to their website;
    Now, unfortunately for you and I no one in our area sells Virtuoso products. I ordered mine direct from Virtuoso.
    This may pose a problem for you, so as an alternative I would suggest that you buy Meguires #1 cleaner and #2 polish from Canadian Tire. These work great as well. You can use the rest of it to clean and polish your car.
    If you have any difficulties contact me direct via my email through the mail button at the top of this posting and i'll be glad to help you out.