1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Clear ampeg SVT and clear peavey 3620 cab

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by hrgiger, Mar 30, 2009.

1. hrgiger

hrgiger

Jan 11, 2009
    i found this picture of a clear ampgeg svt along with a clear Peavey 3620 cab being used by the beastie boys. The 18" black widows are replaced by some EV drivers, but the 10" scorpions are still in there! The Peavey handles are still on it too.

Pretty cool :cool:

1279109046_c3a0b012d6_b.

2. Chinguschild

Chinguschild

Apr 17, 2006
    Chico, Cali
    Haha. thats pretty slick.

3. klyph

klyph Supporting Member

Mar 28, 2009
    SE MA USA
    Wicked cool! I used to play through a 3620 that lived in a bar I did an open mic at back in the 80's (I don't remember the head- Ithink also peavey...). Awesome power, it was the highlight of my week, for a while (how sad is THAT?). I suppose if I had the money and didn't have to haul the rig myself, I might get a 3620 and svt...:)

4. DAMN SICK!!!!! Wanna have roadies tho.... Plexi is pretty heavy!!!

5. Chinguschild

Chinguschild

Apr 17, 2006
    Chico, Cali
    Especially in that thickness im sure.

6. thombo

thombo Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2006
    Denver, CO
    there is an organ player in colorado who has a leslie made of plexie- looks really awesome w/ glowing tubes, spinning speakers, etc, but is stupidly, ridiculously heavy.

7. The Beastie's kick ass :)

8. Chinguschild

Chinguschild

Apr 17, 2006
    Chico, Cali
    Leslies are cumbersome to move as it is

9. hrgiger

hrgiger

Jan 11, 2009
    beastiesseethrubassamp.

10. that is really cool. i'm jealous.

11. MIJ-VI

MIJ-VI Banned Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2009
  12. hrgiger

hrgiger

Jan 11, 2009
  13. Jerrold Tiers

Jerrold Tiers

Nov 14, 2003
    St Louis
    I remember that fliptop........ we made it........they were supposed to come and do a video shoot of some kind at the factory.........

But the factory closed up before they did it.

14. Jim C

Jim C Is that what you meant to play or is this jazz? Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2008
    Bethesda, MD
    A buddy of mine (John Sprung from the American Guitar Center) bought the lucite Strat from Leo approx 25 years ago. It was ALL lucite, including the neck and was made for a NAMM show. As I remember it weighed something like 17 lbs.
    He sold a lot of real early, one off stuff back to the factory but not sure where that guitar ended up.

15. i always thought a clear Accugroove El Whappo and El Whappo Grande stack would look really awesome

16. bluesy_92

bluesy_92

Aug 25, 2008
    That would go good with the clear acrylic BC Riches......

Crappy non-wood tone, shoulder crushing weight....and, strangely, those BC Riches we're still appealing.....:bag: