1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Clear coat scratches

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by keneds, Mar 27, 2006.

1. keneds

keneds

Feb 18, 2006
    London Grove, PA.
    I have a 80's Charvel "P" bass. Nice Bass. Well back in my 80's metal band days I discovered the dreaded copper pick. I sort of put a bunch of surface scratches in the clear coat (but not through the clear coat) what can I use to try to buff it out without doing more damage?????????
    :help:

2. Linas

Linas

Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago
    I have heard of a product called micro mesh i think that was designed for airplain windsheilds and getting scratches out. I think it goes from 1500 to 30000 grit. This product might do the job, but im not 100% sure.

3. Trevorus

Trevorus

Oct 18, 2002
    Urbana, IL
    Same problem with one of my basses. Brass pick, ugly scratch. Any source for those cloths, Linas?

4. try a product called 'future' its a clear acrylic floor polish that dries in an hour or so and is readily available in the US an UK (UK its known as KLEAR) in the big super market that beginswith W (i dont want to advertise) or in the uk its sister company begining with A. all you do is put a bit on a cloth or rag (clean) and rub it on lightly and let it dry.

5. Kronos

Kronos

Dec 28, 2005
    Philadelphia, PA
    I use Meguiars scratch and swirl remover system. It works for all automobile finishes, and it works for all of my basses.

6. Linas

Linas

Jan 6, 2005
    Chicago