1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Clear Pick Guard for MIM

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MammaryVest, Jun 10, 2007.

1. MammaryVest

MammaryVest

Oct 18, 2006
    Stoneham, MA
    I Think a see through pick guard would look nice (or not look rather) on my MIM P-Bass. Does anyone know a good means of getting one?

Also, post pics of basses with clear pick guards!!

2. HiFi

HiFi

Apr 20, 2002
    Southern California
    Is it a "swimming pool" rout under current the pickguard?

3. It could look cool, but the mexican basses have channels routed in the bodies for wires, so with a clear pickguard this will all be visible... If this doesn't bother you, go for it!

My '86 StingRay has a clear pickguard, and I'll post a pic as soon as I work out how. If anyone knows, please pm me.

4. Sergio

Sergio

Apr 7, 2004
    Lafitte, LA
    My friend thought of doing this once, but then we realized that you'd be able to see the bass' guttyworks, so it kind of killed the idea...

5. MammaryVest

MammaryVest

Oct 18, 2006
    Stoneham, MA
    I thought about defeating the "guts" problem by maybe making a metal control plate like you might see on a jazz bass, and then mod-ing a clear pickguard to fit.

6. You could use a clear and just air brush a color that matches the body on the back side. Fender has made a few guitars and basses like that.

I can make you one let me know over email if you are still going to do this.

Roger
    Jeannie Pickguards

7. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    To answer your question, cause it's your bass, do with it what you want.

wdmusic.com has a large selection of great pickguards. I know they have clear as an option and I know they have MIM P pickguards, so I know that they have what you're looking for.

8. Do thay give you a 10% discount like i do for members here and in the Dud Pit? I have the MIM templates as well.

9. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    Not sure if they do or not. I guess it's just a matter of asking.

10. bovinehost

bovinehost Supporting Member

Dec 5, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: Ernie Ball Music Man/Sterling By Music Man
    Okay, Roger, the "Dud Pit" made me laugh!

11. Well Steve is the Dude and it is his pit.
    I have a forum over there at Vintagebass.com

I need to hang out over here more.

12. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 8, 2021