Clearest/Most-Powerful Boost/EQ

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TaylorCole, Jul 26, 2013.

1. TaylorCole

TaylorCole

Apr 6, 2013
    Looking to make transitioning between my ric 4003 and my jag pretty quick live.
    My amp is dialed in for my Ric but when I use my Jag I loose a ton of volume and mids. So instead of messing with my amp or everytime I switch basses throwing our FOH guy for a loop I want to find a really clear Boost with a pretty bass guitar specific EQ on it. So I just wanna flip it on when I put on my Jag and its constant in volume and I can control the EQ with just one stomp!
    Any suggestions?

T

2. CopperheadLXXIX

CopperheadLXXIX

Aug 9, 2003
    Jax, FL
    Source Audio Programmable EQ would probably be a good choice for your situation.

3. LongHairFreak

LongHairFreak Insert cool nickname? Nobody's given me one yet. Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2006
    Twin Cities - MN
    Obviously, it really depends on what you're looking for, but there's an SFX Micro EQ in the classifieds that could work very well for you. I've not used the Micro EQ myself, but it's my understanding that it's the same EQ that's in my SFX preamp and that's one very cool EQ. It appears the Micro EQ has quite a bit of gain on tap too.

4. BrandonBass

BrandonBass

May 29, 2006
    The ToneBone BassBone is your solution, without a doubt

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Aug 5, 2021