1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

No longer available Clement #400 Very light weight 4 string fretted, NORDSTRAND

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by Timmy-Watts, Jan 10, 2018.

1. Timmy-Watts

Timmy-Watts Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2010
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Price:
    Strings:
    Continuing the insanity (I could come to my senses and pull this ad)...

I am the first owner of this custom Clement build. I'm changing up my whole setup now, and what I need is exactly this as a 5 string.

Kim body shape (with the wrist contour area shaped after a Peavey Cirrus, more rounded and comfortable than the standard hard line type contour)
    Equatorial figured mahogany body, amazing color. Very light (bass weighs 7.3 pounds!)
    3 piece roasted maple neck with Bubinga fretboard.
    Luminlay side marker dots
    1.5" wide bone nut
    24 frets
    Oil finish all over
    Hipshot 19mm black brass A style bridge
    Hipshot black ultralite tuners with Detuner on E string (currently adjusted to drop to D)
    Nordstrand NP4 and Big Split pickups.
    Nordstrand 5a-3b preamp
    The oil finish is so smooth and comfy, like all of Tom's builds.

I had this bass built as a passive PJ. I later had my luthier install the nordstrand preamp. I also had him rout the neck pocket 3/16" deeper, to get the strings closer to the body. It plays like butter. I prefer my 4 string basses with higher action, but it will adjust lower with no problem. The roasted maple 3 piece neck is light and stable.
    Controls are:
    Master volume (pull for passive)
    Pick up blend
    Passive tone
    Mid control (400hz/ pull for 1kz)
    Stacked bass and treble (40/6khz)

These are my favorite pickups. There are tons of great tones in this bass. I keep it on passive, allhe way to the P pickup 75% of the time. This particular bass and pickups also take flats very well. I'll include a set of Labella deep talking flats 45-105 that were on this bass for about a month, and cut for this bass. You can switch them on any time. Still in great condition. The bridge is designed so that string changes are easy and you don't have to pull strings all the way through.

It is very light and very well balanced. Playing an entire gig on it is no sweat. There are no nicks, scuffs, dings, or other flaws anywhere. My home and all gigs are smoke, animal, alcohol, and dirt free. The majority of time it's not in the case I'm playing it at church and practicing at home, and I have done 2 weddings on it. I wipe it down thoroughly after every time I play it. If you look closely, you can see a slight worn area where I rest my thumb above the P pickup. It can be easily spot re-finished by using a dab of Watco Danish oil, which is what the whole bass is finished in.

I'm replacing all my basses with a few other specific ones. So my only trade consideration would be the right recent American fender P-bass plus cash.

I have had this bass since October 2016, and I'll ship it in its original gig bag, which is a black Gator Transit case in like new condition. Layaway available. Please PM me for questions. Thanks for looking.

Attached Files:

2. Bassman8416

Bassman8416 Supporting Member

Oct 18, 2004
    Long Island,New York
    What scale is this bass ?

3. Timmy-Watts

Timmy-Watts Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2010
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    34" scale

Bassman8416 likes this.