1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

SOLD Clement Kim 5-string-Open to trades

Discussion in 'For Sale: Bass Guitars' started by ted burik, Jul 6, 2019.

1. ted burik

ted burik Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2006
    San Rafael CA
    Price:
    1700-1775
    Strings:
    FOR SALE/TRADE: Clement Kim 19-34-5 Jazz Bass

Selling my Clement Kim jazz bass. Picked this bass up about a year ago here on TB as a backup-it's not been on a gig or session since I got it, just played at home. Wonderful example of Tom Clement's take on a jazz bass with extras. The previous owner had Tom modify the bass by adding a Piezo pickup and crafting a second fretless neck. The piezo adds great range and depth of tone when blended with jazz pickups and really adds versatility to the fretless sound, including copping upright tones with the right strings. Bass is currently set up with the fretted neck and will ship with both necks in a Protec case.

Here's a link to the bass on Tom's website
    Gallery | Tom Clement Instruments

Here's a link to a demo of the pre-modded bass

Specs
    • Swamp Ash body/Myrtle top/Maple neck/Macassar Ebony fingerboard (fretless neck is Maple/Ebony)
    • 19mm string spacing at the bridge on both fretted and fretless necks
    • 24 fret positions on both fretted and fretless necks
    • Fretless neck has side dots at finger position and is a bit wider and asymmetrical than fretted neck (think MTD neck profile)
    • Nordstrand single-coil jazz pickups
    • Piezo pickup in the bridge
    • Nordstrand preamp
    • Preamp controls top to bottom: master vol/pan between jazz neck pup & jazz bridge pup/pan between jazz pups and Piezo pickup/mid eq (pull to select hi/lo mid), treble/bass eq stacked
    • Hipshot tuners and bridge
    • Approx. 8lbs
    $1775 OBO shipped CONUS-$1700 local sale-PayPal OK-Open to trades toward a Sadowsky, Lakland, Lull, EBMM, or Roscoe 5-string. Please PM me to start a conversation. Thanks for looking.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  2. Tom makes great basses. I have 3 and have had a couple more including 4 string with a fretted and fretless neck. Get 2 great basses in one here

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
    ted burik likes this.
  3. szusman

szusman Supporting Member

May 15, 2003
    Los Angeles
    What’s the scale length and width at the nut?

4. ted burik

ted burik Supporting Member

Feb 22, 2006
    San Rafael CA
    On both necks, scale length is 34 inches and nut width is 17/8 inches. I'm taking the ad down now to reassess the sale.