Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Cleveland points of interest

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by kaboom133, Feb 3, 2005.

1. kaboom133

kaboom133

Oct 19, 2001
    Latrobe PA
    I'm going to be in Cleveland tomarrow and saturday morning, and I'll have a little time to kill, so I was wondering if there are any good guitar or bass stores, or any other cool place I should check out. I'll be checking out the rock and roll hall of fame, and friday night I'm going to see the band State Radio. Anything else I should check out? Thanks.
    :bag: :ninja:

2. incubus2432

incubus2432

Mar 21, 2002
    Grafton, Ohio
    There are no good music stores around here....only Guitar Center and Sam Ash. There aren't any interesting mom and pop type shops.
    There is nothing too interesting here.....especially in the winter.

3. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Christys. You won't be sorry.

4. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Connecticut
    Not quite true. Heights Guitars is a cool place with some interesting stuff-they had about a half-dozen Hill Custom basses last time I went. The Hill Customs shop is also in Cleveland-I'm sure they'd give you a tour if you give them a call. One of the Guitar Centers has a few nice Pedullas. There was another one or two stores that I can't remember at the moment...

And definitely go to the West Side Market on Sat. if you want to see an old-world style indoor market. Best brats anywhere.

I miss Cleveland :(

5. incubus2432

incubus2432

Mar 21, 2002
    Grafton, Ohio
    Hmmmm.....last few times I was in Heights Guitars they had nothing interesting at all and were somewhat rude on my last visit.

I stand corrected on the Hill Customs thing....didn't even cross my mind unfortunately :( . The North Olmstead GC has two Hill basses now that you mention it.

6. petch

petch Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2001
    Medina, Ohio
    The Rain Forest at the Cleveland zoo is really cool. :)