click here to hear Millennia TD-1 pre and Overwater Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by sixontimber, Dec 1, 2003.

1. sixontimber

Aug 2, 2003
  2. mgmadian

Feb 4, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Thanks Sixontimber,

Very nice sounding instrument, I've always wondered about Overwaters, since you don't see them much in the US.

All of the clips sound great, and I don't know that I hear any sunstantive differences between the various preamp modes (granted, this was through the converter on my laptop's headphone out, going through an unremarkable pair of standalone PC speakers). Actually, I don't know that I could reliably differentiate between them if someone told me to close my eyes, and then randomly played one .wav or another. There seemed to be subtle differences, but as consistent as your playing seemed to be, I don't know that you could rule out small variations in the playing itself.

But in the end, what matters is that they all sound good, so they all are good, right?

3. sixontimber

Aug 2, 2003
    Glad you like the sound of the bass. I have to admit that I'm over the moon with the tone.

Yes - the differences are quite subtle. I can spot them pretty well throught my HD-600 headphones, but it is less obvious through my hi-fi speakers. You're right though - they all sound equally good in different ways!