1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Click here you Alleva-Coppolo fans!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bilboom, May 20, 2011.

1. Bilboom

Bilboom

Apr 22, 2011
    i have a big doubt people...i haven't been able to hear one in person so for the ones that own one or know a lot about it, whats the deao about the alleva-coppolo?

2. diglo

diglo Supporting Member

May 21, 2007
    SMYRNA, TN
    Get up! Get Get Get Down!
    Great feel and tone. If you are into the vintage 60/70's fender sound, no one sounds closer. I'm currently waiting on two.

3. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Did you happen to notice the A-C club on this page with about 1700 posts?

4. esoxhntr

esoxhntr Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2007
    Markham, Ontario
    One more zero? :bag:

5. esoxhntr

esoxhntr Supporting Member

Jun 21, 2007
    Markham, Ontario
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f8/club-alleva-coppolo-part-17-a-769294/

Start here, work back to part one. If you still have any questions, anyone in that Alleva Coppolo club will be more than happy to help. Yes, they are a little pricey. Yes, the headstocks are not everybody's cup of tea. BUT... you will likely not find a more true to vintage Fender sounding bass clone.

6. PocketGroove82

PocketGroove82

Oct 18, 2006
    Chicago
    the deal is it get's me laid....nightly.

7. cassius987

cassius987 Banned

Apr 20, 2007
    Denver, CO
    I believe YOU get you laid, or else you have an enchanted bass, sir.

8. RS

RS

Aug 27, 2000
    Cleveland, OH
    Somehow I doubt it...

9. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    i just skimmed through several chapters of AC threads and i couldn't stop laughing. a good read to say the least, but come on man.

are you guys in there so ANAL about lumber?!!!

i'll be damned if i'm paying 1-1.5k extra for a particular wood on my FB! nobody on the dance floor will hear or even notice a slab of DN rosewood over a regular piece, IMHO.

i DO want one. a bare bones version that should sound every bit as good as the fancy lumber ones. the Hippy-Dippy is $2500. new and i will be looking for a USED one in the near future. if i order one it will proably be a much longer wait.

10. MikeXbass

MikeXbass

Oct 15, 2009
    Pasadena, Tx
    To each their own...:D I wouldnt change one thing on my AC's!!:bassist::bassist: Best of luck on your Hippy-Dippy Bass hunt. If i didnt already have 3 ACs i would definately get one for a traveling/beater bass... although thats an expensive "beater" bass.. :bag:

11. diglo

diglo Supporting Member

May 21, 2007
    SMYRNA, TN
    Yep, expensive "beater" bass. LOL Can't wait to get mine. I've had both rosewood boards. The DN is warmer and feel softer to the fingers. But, I will be happy with the Indian/Honduran roesewood too. Heck, I'll just be happy to have an AC again. :hyper:

12. MikeXbass

MikeXbass

Oct 15, 2009
    Pasadena, Tx
    the only reason i say "beater" bass is cuz id almost rather travel with one of those (just in case) of any accidents. but i completely agree with you... Indian/Honduran necks rock too!

13. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    yeah, i hear yaz! i definitely respect your choices and admire your basses. i am just too rough on my gear to warrant a special type of lumber. it just tickled me to read all of the superlatives used to describe the affect.

that dude Peter is gonna need a shrink and Mike,... you already admitted that therapy may be in your future. BUT!!! i love it....

between you guys and "diglo", my interest is totally peaked-out! thanks guys!

14. MikeXbass

MikeXbass

Oct 15, 2009
    Pasadena, Tx
    I would most definately go for a bare bones AC. I just always look at how many basses ive gone thru and spent easily 1500-2000 on so many of them. I go thru them like fads.

Ive had so many EXOTIC basses and other nice basses and somehow i always ended up moving them.

My tests are always big.. Live and studio. And these have passed with flying colors.

I got on a vintage craze but came to find out like the new ones... Some were great and some were simply awful.

Jimmys basses are the closest "new" basses vibing on an old sound and feel.

15. MikeXbass

MikeXbass

Oct 15, 2009
    Pasadena, Tx
    When i was hanging with jimmy he promised my wife he wouldnt make anymore good basses..that theyd all be bad so i wouldnt want anymore. Hahaha

Yeah right...

:)

16. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    hey Mike, is the lead time on the Hippies as long as the customs?!! i may order one this summer. i thought it might be quicker to buy a used one. 18 months is quite a while.

17. diglo

diglo Supporting Member

May 21, 2007
    SMYRNA, TN
    When I ordered mine, Jimmy said he hope to get them out by Fall/Winter. But, he's had so many emails for them, it might put him back. Didn't say how long though. He's hoping to keep these in stock in factory.

18. MikeXbass

MikeXbass

Oct 15, 2009
    Pasadena, Tx
    I honestly couldnt answer that. Give jimmy a ring and he will give you an EXACT time.

I know miko has one. Id hope its less since its less work. But give jimmy a ring..

19. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    yeah,.. i'll call him!

any word from Miko as to how he likes it?!! i saw him via the youtubes playing a AC that was awesome. is he a TB'er? a review would be nice!

20. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    if that's the case i'll just drive by when i get my ca$h straight. his shop is about a 4.5hr drive south of here. i'll stop by next time i visit my friends!

i can't wait to hear your pbass!!!